Wednesday 5 June 2013

Scrivener for building Websites

Scrivener for Websites on Vimeo


Scrivener for Websites from Mathew Mitchell on Vimeo.

Using Scrivener to write your website

For a long time I found writing content in Rapidweaver very unsatisfactory. While RW does a lot of things well, it's not very pleasant for creating text content. I now use RW only for "design" but not for "text content."

My web-writing partner is Scrivener. Now all my pages can be Stacks (using HTML stacks) or HTML pages. I can easily incorporate other stacks (images, tables, etc.) within Scrivener via the magic of the Houdini stack.

This new workflow greatly increases my enjoyment and productivity for writing web content.

I've created an 11 minute tutorial showing how I've set this up with Scrivener, RW, and the Houdini stack. This approach is mainly helpful for those who use a fair amount of written text at their sites.

Here's the relevant Vimeo link if interested:

Scrivener for Web Writing